You can use 7-Zip on any computer, including a computer in a commercial organization.
You don’t need to register or pay for 7- Zip. You will find the 7-zip download at the bottom of this page.
The main features of 7-Zip
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DEB, DMG, FAT, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, VHD, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 79 languages
Download 7-Zip 9.20 (2010-11-18) for Windows:
|Download||.exe||32-bit x86||1 MB|
|Download||.msi||64-bit x64||1 MB|
The download links above redirect you to download pages on SourceForge.net
7-Zip works in Windows 7 / Vista / XP / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT / ME / 98. There is a port of the command line version to Linux/Unix.
On 7- Zip’s Source Forge Page you can find a forum, bug reports, and feature request systems